Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 2 -There's Nothing To It But To Do It


It’s week 2...I have lost 22 pounds.
I really excited, yet a little apprehensive. The weight is dropping quickly, I'm able to start eating solid foods sooner than I expected and my jeans were actually falling off my behind as I walked through the mall the other day.

Wow this is so easy!!!

NO, its not!

It’s a sacrifice.

A denial of things once loved, for thing now authorized and required. One day I will be able to eat in confidence that I will not become ill and experience dumping, because by then I will have eaten that particular food many times before. But for now, everything that passes my lips has an invisible sign, BEWARE THIS MAY CAUSE DUMPING!

I want to say Thank You to my Sistahs.

So many women emailed me and asked questions. Several women spoke with me and shared their stories about having weight loss surgery, as well as offering advice and encouragement.

Life is full of journeys; time brings us wisdom and women helping women births empowerment. Thank you again for your emails, phone conversations and coming to my blog.

One Love ~ Julay

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Julee'! You look like you feel a lot better than before. You are very fortunate to be able to have the surgery and have so much success from it. Of Course weight loss is good but to know you are coming off medication brings me joy. Continue to work hard and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once, again, your blog is so informative, and you look like you're having a ball! The recipe segment is creative and you look great - a real natural in front of the camera! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash