Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 2 After Surgery

Day 2 After Surgery

Thank you Lord, I’m awake. Just a little pain. I’m given a recap and more introductions as I am wheeled into my hospital room from the medical staff. I’m still pretty groggy and all though there is a lot being said I pretty much only hear I will be getting up for walks every 4 hours and I control my pain therapy by pushing a button every 10 minutes to dispense morphine into my system…I thought this should be fun and keep that button in sight at all times.

Kenny and my daughter Ashley appeared; I don’t quite remember when they got here I had started pushing my button before their arrival, so I was feeling pretty good. During the surgery I had acquired a catheter and bag. Hospital staff was in and out of my room, checking my vitals, asking questions and giving me more introductions and medications. The rest of the day went fine, nothing to eat just clear liquids. Since I had a private room my daughter was allowed to spend the night. Staff continued to do follow up and blood testing every 2-3 hours. I really had some wonderful people assigned to assist me and care for me at this hospital; Northside Hospital, Atlanta GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash