Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 6 Is It Classy to Suck a Bone?

This morning was a good morning. I felt more like myself and I wasn’t in too much pain getting out of bed.

I took 1 tablespoon of pain medication and started my day off by walking around the house for 10 minutes; swept the entry way into my livingroon, but wasn’t able to bend down to sweep the collection into the dust pan. Macaroni wasn’t here, but I could hear his voice in my head telling me to stop it and go sit down. You know what they say about a woman’s work ~ It's never done. That's so true, illness or no illness.

I made 2 cups of hot green tea, poured out 2 ounces for me to drink and then refrigerated the remainder so that I can microwave and drink later.

I really enjoyed my shower this morning. Having that wonderful warm water run all over my body soathing my soreness was pure pleasure.

For the past few days I really wanted to wash my hair, but the weather was pretty cool and I didn't want to get sick since I knew I wouldn't be able to hold the blow dryer. So this morining I was able shampoo my hair and throughly remove blue spray left in my hair from surgery.

Of course my bandages were soaked, so I removed the layer of wet hospital tape and gauze pads over my incisions, but left the hospital tape on that was protecting my stitches. If you are thinking about or preparing to have weight loss surgery, keep in mind you may gain weight, I did; 10lbs. My abdomen is much larger and extremely blotted now. I’m not sure exactly why, but this is probably from gas. My belly is definitely much larger and firmer than it was prior to surgery.

I know that it’s really important to moisturize your skin, but I believe this to be especially true after weight loss surgery because it can help with the elasticity of the skin. With all the weight I am expecting to lose, I want to do everything in my power to help decrease the amount of excess skin I have. As I continue to lose weight I will exfoliate to promote new skin growth, excercise and dedicate time to spend in the sauna and steam room.

I had so much gas today and going to the bathroom was an adventure. There really isn’t a #1 or #2. When I thought I have to go #1, it was #2, when I thought it was#2 it was #1 and most of the time there's no distinction because it both #1 and #2.

Overall, I had a really good day. I was able to move around without too much pain, I took less pain medication, and I didn't feel sleepy. The one thing I will say is Boy, Oh Boy was I hungry!!! I missed the taste of seasoned food, and paid too much attention to the food commercials on television. The one thought that continued to run across my mind was having a barbeque rib bone to suck on. I can taste it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash