Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 4 ~ Slow down and Eat Slower

COMING SOON: More detailed and insightful information about Gastric Bypass Surgery

Currently, I am only giving you information about my experience, but it is my goal to give you collective and comprehensive information from what I am learnig from other weight loss surgery patients.

**************************************************************

It's week 4, I now weight 204 lbs, with a total weight loss of 28 pounds. I guess I made an error in my video this week, because I said I lost 29 pounds...just jumping the gun a little. LOL

This week the most important thing I had to work on was taking smaller bites, and eating slower. On several occasions, I got food caught in my lower throat/chest area. It's a very uncomfortable feeling, and the food is basically stuck until it can slide down the throat without drinking. If the food doesn't move quickly enough a sip or two of a drink has to do to avoid Dumping.

I visit Dr. Daly tomorrow and will have to get clarification on Dumping. I don't think I've experience dumping yet, but I am not really sure, because everyone's body is different and perhaps my mini-sessions are more than an occasional upset stomach...or reaction to a food.

I'm feeling great. I'm not gettig tired and you will see on the footage that I have figured out a way to enjoy...or at least drink my protein drinks more often.

Please feel free to ask me questions, send emails or share inforamtion with me. Don't forget to tell your friends about my blog, if they are considering Weight Loss Surgery.

Peace, Happiness & Hope,

Julay



1 comment:

  1. how many calories do you eat in a day?

    does the doctor suggest how many calories you should be eating a day and what foods you should be eating at the 4 week mark? ~ kuwalli

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash